MAPPING COMPETITION 2018
After last year’s successful event, Zsolnay Festival of Light and Zsolnay Heritage Management Nonprofit Ltd. announced the second annual international Zsolnay Light Art Mapping Competition composed on Pécs Cathedral, with a total prize money of €10.000. Mappings will be displayed for three nights from June 29th to July 1st on the façade of Pécs Cathedral as the main attraction of Zsolnay Festival of Light. As in the previous years, organizing partner and official host of the 2018 competition will be the internationally renowned Hungarian visual arts studio, Glowing Bulbs. A selection of out-of-competition works will be showcased on the night of June 29th – July 1st , including Glowing Bulbs’ epic work, ‘The Book of Jonah’. Besides the Southern façade, the two towers and the Cathedral’s roof, the two rear towers will also be added this year to the mapping site to maximize the overall visual experience and surface. Winner of the three Jury Prizes will be selected by an international Jury Panel, and shortlisted works will also be open for a public vote for the Audience Prize. The Zsolnay Light Art Mapping Competition is free for all visitors, and is recommended for all ages.
About the competition
Site: Southern facade including the four towers and roof of Pécs Cathedral (see template)
Date of competition: June 29 and 30, 2018
We are expecting audio-visual mappings reflecting on the subject, ‘Metamorphosis’, engaging with the architecture, spirit and traditions of Pécs Cathedral. During selection process the Jury will select a maximum of 10 pieces to be presented live.
The Competition is open to emerging and established artists, students and professionals – both individual and group applications are accepted.
Individuals under the age of 18 may only apply with written parental consent.
By registering, applicants automatically accept competition rules.
- Zsolnay Light Art Grand Jury Prize €5.500
- Zsolnay Light Art 2nd Place €3.000
- Zsolnay Light Art 3rd Place €1.500
- Zsolnay Light Art Audience Prize
1. Application and Project proposal
Submission deadline: April 16, 2018
Longlist announced: April 24, 2018 Criteria:
- Registration on http://glowingbulbs.com/contest/enter
- Completed Application form
- Project proposal – candidates will be asked to write a short description of their project
- Mood or Storyboard – attach still images of key scenes using a template provided by Zsolnay Mapping Festival, and present the mood of the accompanying music
Submission deadline: May 15, 2018
Shortlist announced: May 25, 2018 Criteria:
- Shortlisted participants shall present their complete project in fullHD resolution with music
3. Submitting Final Competition Material
Submission deadline: June 20, 2018
Uploading video and audio material of the work to be projected in full resolution according to the technical specifications provided in the competition tender
Contestants will be notified via e-mail upon registration and after each stage. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.